Snake catcher who claimed to be immune to venom dies from black cobra bite trying to rescue deadly beast

A SNAKE catcher who claimed to be immune to venom died after he was bitten by a black cobra he was trying to rescue.

Footage shows the snake expert, called Pamma Ahirwar, attempting to capture the deadly beast in the Jaitpur village in Maharastra, northern India.

The snake expert died after he was bitten by a black cobra

4

The snake expert died after he was bitten by a black cobraCredit: Jam Press
He was filmed with the snake around his neck walking around the village

4

He was filmed with the snake around his neck walking around the villageCredit: Jam Press

The venomous snake had entered the home of a local resident named Brajesh Rajak who called Pamma to remove it from the property.

Pamma, who has been a snake catcher for 20 years, claimed he was bitten by snakes on multiple occasions but said the poison never penetrated his body.

In a video taken at the scene, Pamma and his team are seen trying to retrieve the snake from under a table after the creature slithered away to hide.

He eventually managed to catch the snake and can be seen placing the reptile around his neck while parading around the village.

However, the snake unexpectedly twirled Pamma’s right arm and bit his hand.

He can be seen crouching on the ground, sucking the poison out of his palm and spitting it on the floor.

He was later transported to a hospital as doctors investigated his condition.

The poison spread through Pamma’s body and he eventually died from the venomous bite on Sunday.

The moment a man jumps from his bed after realising a huge cobra slithered under his blanket was caught on camera last week.

 And last month a five-year-old girl was bitten on the face by a venomous snake at a petting zoo in Russia.

Back in June, a dad who was bitten by a King Cobra and was left completely blind lost the use of both of his legs.

Suddenly Pamma was bitten by the killer beast

4

Suddenly Pamma was bitten by the killer beastCredit: Jam Press
He was pictured sucking the poison out of the wound

4

He was pictured sucking the poison out of the woundCredit: Jam Press
Moment man leaps from bed after realising COBRA had slithered under covers

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *