Lightly battered and tender, apple fries are going to become your new favorite treat! A generous coating of cinnamon sugar and homemade caramel dip makes them even more irresistible!
Easy Apple Fries With Caramel Sauce
This is the ultimate treat for all of you apple lovers out there! It takes 5 ingredients. That’s all! Chances are, you’ve got them in your kitchen right now, too! Apple fries are warm and tart with a slight coating of batter on them. This makes each bite soft, juicy, and tender with a bit of crispiness! The cinnamon-sugar topping gives them the perfect fall flavor. Then, all you need is your favorite sweet dip! In this recipe, I pair my apple fries with homemade caramel sauce, but feel free to get creative! Cheesecake dip is a classic. Marshmallow and chocolate peanut butter dips are amazing, too! Mix and match them all for your own personal fondue night!
Apple fries whip up in just a few minutes. This makes them the perfect after-school snack! My kids are just as obsessed with apples as I am, so these always get gobbled up. They also work great in school lunches; it’s a bite-sized dessert great for taking on the go! It’s time to get your favorite apples and make a batch. This is the tasty fall treat you won’t want to pass up!
Cinnamon Apple Fries Ingredients
Simplicity is key here! Only a few ingredients are needed for this cinnamony snack. The end result is irresistibly warm, soft, and juicy. You won’t be able to get enough! All measurements can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Oil: Used for frying our apples in. I suggest using either canola or vegetable oil here!
- Granny Smith Apples: I recommend using Granny Smith apples for your apple fries. Since we add cinnamon sugar, it’s best to use apples that are more on the tart side.
- Cornstarch: Used to coat the outsides of your apples. Cornstarch gives them a crispier texture!
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is mixed with cinnamon for the perfect sweet coating!
- Cinnamon: For that fall flavor we all love!
- Caramel Sauce: (Optional) Caramel and apple is such a classic pairing. I like to make my caramel sauce from scratch! You can find my recipe here. And if you’re not feeling caramel, S’mores dip is a chocolatey alternative!
How to Make Apple Fries
Apple fries are so quick and easy, you’ll want to make them again and again. It only takes a few minutes of frying and tossing in cinnamon sugar! Whether your kids are wanting a snack, or you want apple pie without the hassle, apple fries are the solution!
- Prepare Oil: To begin, in a medium-sized skillet, add vegetable oil about 1 inch up the pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Slice Apples: Next, slice your apples into ¼ inch slices.
- Batter and Fry: Dip the apple slices into corn starch and add them to the hot oil. Then, fry for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften. With a slotted spoon, carefully remove them and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Coat in Cinnamon Sugar: Next, combine the sugar and cinnamon and roll the apple in to coat. Serve with caramel sauce for dipping.
Tips for Making the Best Apple Fries
You can tweak the flavor of your fries by changing your apple and the spices they’re tossed in. Here are my suggestions for making the best apple fries possible! You’ll love how they turn out.
- Apple Type: I love a good Granny Smith for baked goods, but these can be too sour for some people! Jonagold and honeycrisp are tasty substitutes.
- Graham Cracker Crust: For a crispier texture and added flavor, you can add ground graham crackers to your cornstarch mix.
- Adding Spices: Let’s be honest. We’re all obsessed with pumpkin spice right now. If you want your apples to have a little more fall flair, add some homemade pumpkin spice to your cinnamon sugar mix! This is my favorite blend of cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg!
- Peel On or Off: This is totally up to you! It will slightly alter the texture. If you want a softer, more tender apple fry, remove the peel first! If you’re okay with a little extra texture, leave the peel on. This is my preferred way of serving them.
Storing Leftover Apple Fries
Apple fries are best fresh, but can still be enjoyed a few days after with proper storage! Trust me, your family will love having these around!
- In the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- In the Freezer: Let your apple fries cool down completely before freezing. Place them in a freezer bag or airtight container and store for 3-6 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
- Reheating: I like to add a drizzle of oil in a saucepan, add leftover apple fries, and warm over medium heat.
Calories300kcal (15%)Carbohydrates78g (26%)Protein1g (2%)Fat1g (2%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gSodium3mgPotassium156mg (4%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar64g (71%)Vitamin A80IU (2%)Vitamin C6mg (7%)Calcium29mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.