Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury receive multiple offers for undisputed fight

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury will be presented with as many as four offers for their £200million mega-fight.

The heavyweight world champions signed a contract for the fight last month but no date or venue has been agreed.

But following his six-country, four-continent world tour, promoter Eddie Hearn has secured several offers which will now be put to the fighters and their teams.

“At the end of this week both fighters and their teams will be presented with all the options and offers on the table, of which there will be multiple ones,” Hearn told Sky Sports.

“We are in a good place. I saw John Fury’s comments; it’s almost as if they don’t want the fight, they talk it down instead of talking it up.

Eddie Hearn with his fighter Anthony Johusa
(Image: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing)

“We are quite aware that there’s been a global pandemic, we’re quire aware its not easy but were out there every day grafting to get it done.

“There will three or four offers to be presented this weekend and it’s over to them. The teams will discuss which one they want to take.

“[For] the dates of those fights, the same thing applies; two fights this year, it is a summer fight and thats what were working towards.

“I’m as confident as ever this gets done. I know that there are some negative people out there and people that believe we can’t pull it off, but we spend a lifetime pulling things off, and I believe we will get this done, and I believe you will see this fight in the summer.

“The next step is to basically get everybody to agree to the venue and the date, and they’re going to have multiple options to choose from.

“There’s no other fight for Tyson Fury. There’s no other fight for Anthony Joshua. This is the fight. Everyone accepts that.”

Fury had indicated the fight was in doubt last night when he indicated there was a three-day deadline to secure a host venue.

His dad John has also cast doubt over whether the contract his son and Joshua signed meant anything.

Sign up for our boxing newsletter!

Every Monday we deliver our verdict on the weekend’s fights and, more importantly, what’s next for the winners and losers.

Signing up is easy, just click this link, enter your email address and select ‘Boxing’ from the list.

But Hearn is confident the fight will take place in July with Saudi Arabia the frontrunner to play host.

Fury’s promoter Frank Warren, however, played down expectations.

“I’m living in hope – the conversations that have gone on over the last month or so – I’m hoping they’re gonna lead to some sort of announcement soon,” he told talkSPORT.

“But I keep saying it every time we speak, until we actually get it, get some signatures [on the site deal] it means nothing.

“So we’re waiting for the offer and for it to be confirmed in writing…

“Hopefully we can all get what everybody wants, but as I’ve said all along – the times that we’re in with COVID and all the implications make it very difficult.

“Everybody’s working to try and make it happen.

“I know what everybody wants to hear, but I don’t wanna tell people what they wanna hear, I wanna tell them, ‘This is what’s happening’.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *